tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 17 21:02:38 1997

Re: wam bom

ghItlh ghunchu'wI':

>majQa'! QoQ ghaj'a'?

HIja'. jIQIjmeH DIvI' Hol vIlo'.

The rhythm is clear - but the tune is variable. I suspect most Klingon songs
will vary melodically over the generations. But this is my idea... Each line
is a 4-4 bar, a trailing -- makes the note a quarter note (crotchet for
those across the Atlantic), a trailing ------ makes a half note (minim), and
all others are eighths (quavers). la is low A, probably. Those with higher
voices might prefer to start on E instead.

la la do do re-- mi--
la la do re mi------
so so mi mi so-- re--
mi mi re do la------

Using the yu-bIm-'egh mapped to what I, at present, think the syllables
mean -

yu yu bIm bIm 'egh loS
yu yu bIm 'egh loS
vagh vagh jav jav vagh 'egh
loS loS 'egh bIm yu

And it seems suitable to somewhat shout the last line of each verse, making
the melody there somewhat unnecessary.

Qermaq

Back to archive top level