tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 18 06:06:37 1997

Re: Program??

On Wed, 17 Dec 1997, AdmlBashir wrote:
> KLI and a few other Klingon things :-).  But I am wondering, I have a
> program called the "UTA" or "Universal Translator Assistant" and it is
> kinda bad.  I am looking for the best "almost translator" (I know that
> direct Klingon translators dont exist).  Does anyone have any ideas?

Quick note - I'm the author of UTA, and I tried to hammer out all over the
program and the web site, IT ISN'T a translator.  It does relexification
(replacing one vocab with another, and out of sloth and copyright worries
it has a really lousy Klingon vocab). It has some practical applications,
(Dr.  Marketa Zvelbil, the developer of a Vulcan language has found it
works, after a fashion for Vulcan)  but is far more a toy for people who
want to see what galactic languages might look like than any kind of
translation tool. Get d'Armond Speers pojwI' program from his web site
instead for a serious study tool:

** joel anderson * [email protected] * [email protected]    **
****   Hegh tI, 'ej ngab tI naH, 'ach reH taHtaH joH'a'ma' mu'****
**"The grass withers, and the flowers fade, but the word of our **
** God stands forever." Isaiah 40.8 NLT** http://umn.edu/~joela **
**http://members.aol.com/JPKlingon/uta: The Universal Translator**

Back to archive top level