tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 15 00:54:38 1997

Re: KLBC: Merry Christmas

<< > qoDDaq tu'lu': Klingon Egg Nog

 OVS yIbuSHa'Qo'. {qoDchajDaq <Klingon Egg Nog> tu'lu'} or something like
 {qoDDaq vay' tu'lu' : <Klingon Egg Nog>}

 > cha' QIm
 > pel'aQchaj (tIghorchu')
 > jav tlho'ren nIm
 > tlhorghmoHbogh ngat

 {ngat} means gunpowder.  The fact that the English translation
 contains the word poweder does not make it a reasonable word to use
 to represent any powder.

 > wa' HIvje' bID wornagh HoSqu'
 > porHommey SuD ghorchu'lu'bogh
 Watch suffix order.  {-lu'} is a type 5 and {-chu'} a type 6.
 I presume you're talking about ground herbs here?

 > neHjejmey ghoQ

 fresh {neHjej}?  Is this a typo for naQjej? >>

-----------------------------------peHruS continues with

I used {ngat}  for "granulated herb mixture"from KGT.

{neHjej} means "thistles", also from KGT.

Thanks for the correction regarding ordering of suffixes.

In Chinese, the language with which I am comfortable, we put the number in
front of the noun within a noun series that we wish to emphasize (quantify).
We also have lots of measure words.  I keep wanting to quantify Klingon nouns
and am frustrated.

peHruS

Back to archive top level