tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 15 04:32:43 1997

Re: KLBC: Short and Easy

jIja'pu':
>Sarmo' mIwmey, maHvaD yuQvam neHmoHbogh meq vISovnIS qajanglaHpa'.

ja' Qov:
>If you have trouble understanding this, don't worry.  It's complex enough
>that I'm considering chastising ghunchu'wI' for cruelty to the beginners.
>Perhaps it's just his way of pointing out that a "one line" rule is no
>guarantee of ease of understanding.

qarchu' -- Bingo! :-)

I had a sentence-as-object in there too at first, but I decided that would
be breaking an implied "one sentence" rule (and it didn't fit on one line).
jItlhIjbej -- I'm sorry, really I am.  I shouldn't have done it without an
explanation.  veqlargh vIHIvta'.  (That's an attempt at something like an
anti-replacement proverb, taking full blame instead of waving it away with
a magic phrase.)

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level