tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 15 06:35:07 1997

RE: KLBC: Merry Christmas

jatlh peHruS:

>  > neHjejmey ghoQ
>
>  fresh {neHjej}?  Is this a typo for naQjej? >>
>
> -----------------------------------peHruS continues with
> Qov--------------------------
>
> I used {ngat}  for "granulated herb mixture"from KGT.

It's sometimes almost scary when new Klingon words make perfect sense to
me (and therefore is easy to remember). When KGT came out, some words
seemed to just "fit" with the current language - i.e. I would look at a
new word, and think "That makes sense!" Has this happened to anyone
else? For me, {ngat} and {luH} come to mind. I guess the "powder" aspect
of gunpowder was imbedded in my mind, and so {ngat} made sense because
it had to do with *granulated*. As for {luH}, maybe "yanking intestines"
is an image that I can easily visualize a Klingon doing.

> {neHjej} means "thistles", also from KGT.

Actually, thistle is {naHjej}. It is a typo in the back of KGT. On the
bottom of KGT page 88, it is correctly given as {naHjej}, meaning "sharp
fruit". {naH}fruit/vegetable + {jej} sharp

> peHruS

-Tad Stauffer
[email protected]
{reH Suvrup SuvwI''a'}