tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 05 13:48:06 1997

The Warrior's Anthem (lyrics)

On Wed, 3 Dec 1997, Etienne Bonanno wrote:

|Please! Tell me where to find the lyrics of this song! I've been trying to
|make sense of what the actors on the Klingon CD-ROM where saying for ages
|but all I managed to understand were the first couple of sentences!

                               WARRIOR'S ANTHEM

This song first appeared in the Klingon CD-ROM and was later sung twice in
the DS9 episode "Soldiers of the Empire." The lyrics (in both languages,
including the trot) were published by Simon and Schuster on the SimonSays
Trek books web page as part of the promotional campaign for the Klingon
"Day of Honor" series of novels.

   Qoy qeylIs puqloD.
   Qoy puqbe'pu'.
   yoHbogh matlhbogh je SuvwI'
   Say'moHchu' may' 'Iw.
   maSuv manong 'ej maHoHchu'.
   nI'be' yInmaj 'ach wovqu'.
   batlh maHeghbej 'ej yo' qIjDaq vavpu'ma' DImuv.
   pa' reH maSuvtaHqu'.
   mamevQo'. maSuvtaH. ma'ov.

Hilary Bader's original lyrics, c1997:

   Hear! Sons of Kahless.
   Hear! Daughters too.
   The blood of battle washes clean.
   The Warrior brave and true.
   We fight, we love, and then we kill.
   Our lives burn short and bright.
   Then we die with honor and join our fathers in the Black Fleet where
   we battle forever, battling on through the Eternal fight.

Literal translation:

   Hear! sons of Kahless.
   Hear! daughters.
   The battle blood perfectly cleans the warrior who is brave and loyal.
   We fight, we're passionate, and we kill perfectly.
   Our lives are not long, but they're very bright.
   We certainly die, and we join our fathers in the black fleet.
   There we always really continue fighting.
   We won't stop. We continue fighting. We compete.

 - Voragh
   Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level