tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 01 16:53:32 1997

Re: peDtaH 'ej jIQuch

jIja'pu':
> peDtaHqu' 'e' buq chal.

ja' ~mark:
>Sorry, I'm missing something.  I can't find "buq" anyplace.  I don't have
>my KGT here, but I thought my word-list from it was complete.  Anyone?

It's a simple misspelling of {buQ}, that's all.

However, I recently made myself a set of "quick reference" sheets including
the "Useful Klingon Expressions" from TKD's Appendix, along with all of the
proverbs from TKW.  TKW page 7 says {DabuQlu'DI' yISuv.}  "When threatened,
fight."  That tells us that one threatens a person.  It doesn't tell us not
to use it to threaten to do something, but it does suggest that my sentence
might not be correct, even after fixing the typo.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level