tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 04 01:02:52 1997

Re: loDvam ghaH 'Iv'e' ?

ghItlh peHruS:

> << loDvam ghaH 'Iv'e' >>
>
> I really don't like the above sentence.  It translates as:  Referring to
> whom, he is this man.  Try << 'Iv ghaH loDvam'e'>> instead.  It translates
> as:  Referring to this man, who is he?
>
> peHruS

It was me who wrote that.

I am (still) a beginner of tlhIngan Hol, and I was trying to say:
  "Who is this man?"

{loDvam}  - this man
{ghaH}     - he
{'Iv}          - who
{-'e'}         - topic (actually, I don't remember, why I put that one)

If I want to say the sentence "Who is that man?"? in Klingon, what do I say?
tlhIngan HolvaD mu'tlhegh <Who is that man?> vIjatlh vIneHchugh, nuq vIjatlh?

muHwI'
Stardate 97591.5

Back to archive top level