tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 16 23:02:41 1997

Re: KLBC: Speers pojwI'

William H. Martin wrote:

> update the pojwI' dictionary on two PCs, my MS Access database,
> my Pilot palmtop and the online dictionary (which I REALLY want
> to update soon!) I've gotten a bit scattered, 'ach jIqIm vIneH.

Dojqu'!  I've got just the WordPerfect dictionary, which needs another
proof-reading; that's enough of a pain!

> tugh vIta'. My MS Word document is quite out of date and more
> difficult to maintain, since I have to update and coordinate
> both sides of it, while all the others just have K-E and use
> string searches to find the English part.

Yes, exactly.  This is my biggest concern with using WordPerfect.  I
began the project with an old copy of dBase III, but that got to be too
inflexible for me.  Perhaps a more modern database would remove my
objections to doing it that way, but I worked with what I had, and
decided that using the word processor was easier.

> *the Web page* because of all the subjective decisions on what
> to include and what not to include and how to present it.

I have some comments regarding the web page for you, if I can find the
piece of paper I wrote them down on.  A couple were the result of my
talk with Okrand, others were observations and a typo I noticed.

--
Qob la' (tlh.w.D. quttaj ra'wI')
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD qhojwI'

[email protected]