tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 16 21:53:40 1997

Re: KLBC: Saying

In a message dated 97-04-13 00:39:33 EDT, SuStel writes:

<< I'm not quite sure what you mean, but the simple fact is that Okrand has
been
 consulted for the movies, but not the television shows.  On TV, sometimes
the
 scriptwriters actually pick up TKD and pull a few words out of it (if we're
 lucky).  Usually, though, the Klingons are just reciting jibberish. >>

peHruS here:

I was lucky enough to talk with Armin Shimerman (Quark) Sunday regarding
getting better usage of alien language on the shows.  He said to forget about
writing to Rick Berman; he does not care.  He suggested we all write to Cary
McCluggage.  The audience was very supportive of the idea.

I hope soon to be able to find out the address of Cary McCluggage and start
writing.  I think KLI would be the perfect place for the writers and actors
to contact in order to get accuract tlhIngan Hol.

Qapla'     peHruS

Back to archive top level