tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 16 18:15:35 1997

Re: "verbs of saying" when you're not "saying"

ghItlh Voragh
>Is {ra'} a "verb of saying"? I suspect it might be. After all, Okrand didn't
give us the complete list of these on purpose--to give himself more
flexibility in future. Unfortunately, it isn't used in a SAO construction in
canon so I don't think we can say either way:<

That wasn't the point I was trying to make.  You could use <ja'> or something
else, but my point is, if there's a verb of saying (doesn't matter which), but
there's nothing actually <spoken,> is 'e' or net used?
Qapla'
qoror

Back to archive top level