tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Sep 29 17:11:55 1996

Re: klingon lullaby

At 04:34 PM 9/9/96 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
>96-09-09 00:55:31 EDT, jatlh trI'Qal:
>
>> EXCELLENT re-cast for "morning will come"!  I like it!  The only thing that
>>  might be wrong with this is *** DEBATE ALERT *** some people don't think
>>  that you can use <vaJ> this way; that it is only used in "if/then"
>>  contstructions.  I'm not going to bounce this, in the absence of
>>  canon/clarification.
>
>Who thinks that?  We have an excellent canon sentence, used in both Star Trek
>III and TKD: {vaj Daleghpu'} "Then you have seen it."  There is no {-chugh},
>and the context has no if/then structure.

I dont' remember.  I remembered that it had bounced around on the list long
ago, but I didn't remember the outcome.

>>  QongDaqlutHey DaghItlhlI'.  maj!
[..]
>And why'd you use {-Hey}?  The subject line *says* it's a lullaby, so why
>indicate that you're not sure about that?

Probably because I was thinking -Hom, and was tired, and typed -Hey instead.

DopDaq qul yIchenmoH QobDI' ghu'.

>SuStel

--tQ

---
HoD trI'Qal, tlhIngan wo' Duj lIy So' ra'wI'
Captain T'rkal, Commander IKV Hidden Comet (Klingon speaker and net junkie!)
HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH... qatlh HaghtaH Qanqor HoD???
monlI'bogh tlhInganbe' yIvoqQo'!  SoHvaD monlI' trI'Qal...

Back to archive top level