tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Sep 24 03:40:33 1996

Re: What prefix to use for "I--us" etc.?

On Fri, 20 Sep 1996, Dr. Maciej St. Zieba wrote:

Since this wasn't sent to KLBC, I'll dare answering you.

> It is interesting however how to express such situations, as e.g.
>       I shall kill us (all).
> Which prefix(es) to use?

TKD p33 "For such meanings, suffixes (section 4.2.1) and/or pronouns
(section 5.1) must be used."

So I would render "I shall kill us", using {rupbej} for showing that the
speaker is prepared to exterminate:

{maH jIHoHrupbej} or {maH HoHrupbej jIH}

I can't find any guidelines for the prefix {jI-} in the first sentence

Qapla'

DaH rIn jabbI'ID

| Eskil Heyn Olsen     |This signature (send money) contains no (send money) |
|[email protected]|     subliminal (send money) messages (send money).  |

Back to archive top level