tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 14 07:35:51 1996

Re: Using -Daq (was RE: KLBC: Translation)

> Your other examples deal with -vo', which is a different suffix (not a
> locative, since it indicates movement away.  When I was studying Sanskrit,
> we called that ablative, but I think that may not be quite the standard
> meaning).
     *Greek* vIHaDtaHvIS mu'vam wIlo', 'ej qechvam wIHech.  *Dana* *Mantey*
je paq wIlo'.  jISovchu'be', 'ach *Latin* HaDlu'DI' mu'vam qechvam je lo'lu'law'
'e' vIqel.

taDI'oS vIq, law'wI'pu'vaD Holtej jIH
| Thaddaeus Vick, Linguist to the Masses |    [email protected]  -or-    |
|                                        |     [email protected]      |
| gules on a saltire argent voided azure |                           |
| thirteen mullets of the second. Yeeha. | http://www.crl.com/~dvick |