tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 12 17:17:45 1996

RE: KLBC: Translation

jatlh ~mark:

>  >>  "No matter where you go, there you are."
>  >ram Daq DaghoSbogh, pa' SoHtaHmo'.
>
>  nuqjatlh?  I'm a little puzzled.  The structure of this confuses me, and
>  the meaning doesn't match either.

Back translating, it's "The place which you approach is unimportant, because
you are there."

>  How about:
>
>  vogh DaghoSchugh, pa' SoH

This is fine, too.  I was just working from HurghwI''s sentence.  Still, the
first one seems to have more of the sense of "No matter where you go . . ."

>  or use -DI' instead of -chugh.  I wonder if "?Hoch vogh" makes sense...

It's unEnglish, but I don't see any reason that {Hoch vogh} couldn't be
accepted.

SuStel
Stardate 96867.9

Back to archive top level