tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 29 11:38:52 1996

KLBC: Two questions

ghunchu'wI', qaH,

First question -- Using adjectives

   {loD qan} = "old man"

Can one use multiple adjectives ? Such as

   {loD mach tam qan} = "small, quiet, old man"

I know it's really of most use in book text rather than conversation but I'd
still like to find out.

Second question -- {-ghach}

I think I need more examples and a better explanation of this verb suffix.

Can it ONLY be used with dual-purpose verb/noun words or can it be attached
to any verb ? I assume not, from my reading of TKD, but I thought I'd ask
just in case I'm missing out on a really useful suffix ...

HolQeD arrived today (along with my unnecessarily-ordered TKD, seeing as I
found my original one -- I should have used the money to buy one of the
tapes instead ...)

I am now officially a member of the KLI :-)

Qapla'

Rob

--

|           tlhIngan Hol             |    Why not take a quick peek at     |

Back to archive top level