tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 29 11:38:52 1996

Re: tlhIngan Hol vIjatlhchu''a'

ghunchu'wI', qaH,

> >vaj QIch vIghojtaH
>
> "Thus I am learning speech (vocal sounds)."
> Or, more likely, "I am learning a warrior's speech (vocal sounds)."

The second meaning is what I intended. Was it OK ?

> >paqmey lI' vIje'meH paqmey lI' Daja'
>
> "In order for me to purchase useful books, you tell useful books."
> it needs to be a command, using an "imperative"

Oops. I was translating in sequence here. I opened a text file and typed in
little sequences until I got what I thought made sense, keeping all the
previous stuff to refer to. Part way through I obviously got confused. I
started using {ja'} (tell) instead of {pong} (name) by accident.

After I'd posted it, I realised my mistake and wrote this as the last line
in the file ...

{paqmey lI' vIje'meH paqmey lI pong vay'}

I assume an imperative is still needed though ... ?

Qapla'

Rob

--

|           tlhIngan Hol             |    Why not take a quick peek at     |

Back to archive top level