tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 22 15:16:19 1996

Re: chollI' qep''a'

qaSDI' 96-07-17 14:37:35 EDT, jalth marqoS:

> (If you want to say that you need them to advse you [you're doing the
>  needing here], then that's a lot more complicated, if not impossible,
>  since any of the even vaguely straightforward translations require either
>  a verb for "to need" or a clause-as-subject structure, neither of which
>  exists in Klingon.)

{poQ} means "require," which works in the correct way in this case.  {choqeS
'e' vIpoQ}.  This seems to get needlessly complicated and whimpy, and I'd
probably just stick with {HIqeS}.

SuStel
Stardate 96558.1

Back to archive top level