tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 22 15:16:18 1996

Re: Any philosophers out there?

qaSDI' 96-07-17 14:33:20 EDT, jatlh marqoS:

> For Klingon, I would make use of {mo'}:
>  {jIQubmo' jIH}  "Because I think, I am."
>  {jIQubtaH, vaj jIH} could be construed as "I am thinking.  I am a
warrior".

{jIQubmo' jIH} could just as easily be interpreted as "Because *I* think,"
with emphasis on the fact that I am the one doing the thinking.  Your
sentence is just as vague as mine.

However, having mentioned this with some people at the {qep'a' wejDIch}, I've
decided that if {Qub} is going to get {-taH}, then so should {jIH}.  (Who
gets that credit?  Jeremy?)  I like your use of {-mo'}, though, so perhaps I
will like

jIQubtaHmo', jIHtaH.

The comma, whether written or verbally exaggerated, is essential to
understanding the statement.  Amusingly, can be construed as vague, just as
in the original, although in an entirely different way.

SuStel
Stardate 96558.1

Back to archive top level