tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 17 09:25:09 1996

Re: juHrob

qaSDI' 96-07-17 08:43:21 EDT, jatlh Frieder Butzmann:

> 'm writing (I'm trying to write) some lyrics in kligon language! The
>  lyrics are about "homesickness".
>  For translation of "homesick", I took home (=juH) and disease (=rob) from
> TKD.
>  My question: Is it okay to translate "homesick" as "juH rob"? Do I have to
>  use a dash: "juH-rob" or should I write it in one word like "juHrob"???

Perhaps you shouldn't try to work it out this way.  Try rephrasing the
sentence.  Instead of saying "I feel homesick," for example, say, "I am
always thinking about home," or whatever is appropriate for the situation.

You're going to find that Klingon is easier to learn when you focus more on
verbs than nouns and adjectives.  There are many more verbs to work with!

SuStel
Stardate 96543.9

Back to archive top level