tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 18 07:34:51 1996

Re: juHrob

In a message dated 96-07-17 08:43:21 EDT, Frieder Butzman writes:

<< For translation of "homesick", I took home (=juH) and disease (=rob) from
TKD.
 My question: Is it okay to translate "homesick" as "juH rob"? Do I have to
 use a dash: "juH-rob" or should I write it in one word like "juHrob"???
 Thanks for answers! >>

In Chinese "homesickness" is "thinking about home."  Therefore, if I who
speak Chinese were to attempt to translate "homesickness" into Klingon, I
would come up with something like:  juH vIbuS.

Admittedly this is a phrase, not a singular noun.

Qapla'     batlh tlhIngan Hol maghojtaHjaj

peHruS

Back to archive top level