tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 09 21:32:12 1996

Re: Noun apposition: X which is Y versus X's Y

At 02:39 PM 7/9/96 -0700, somebody wrote:

>Remember that no Klingon uses our transcription system.  It's a convenience
>for Federation people.  Perhaps the {pIqaD} has some sort of method of noting
>proper names (or perhaps not).
>
>SuStel
>Stardate 96522.5

Hmmm...  Having purchased the KLI Font Disk (www.kli.org.  Hint-hint), I've
begun to wonder if it would not be acceptable to use enlarged letters to
begin, or throughout, proper names, much as English does.  We have seen no
indication of mixed font sizes in displays in the movies and on television,
however.

I certainly hope that the rotated lettering that we have seen (didja ever
notice that the metal decoration on Klingon gauntlets seems to spell out "b
r ng y" with the letters rotated funny?  Or would that be "y ng r b"?
*shrug*) scattered about  the sets isn't explained as the equivalent of
capitalization, underlining, and other such conventions.  My word processor
seems to have left out the ability to rotate letters :)

,-------+-----.    Eric Koske, Register Data Systems, Register Communications.
| |/~ /-|  /~ |     WPGA AM 980, FM 100.9, and TV Channel 58   Macon, Georgia
| |   \_|  _/ |  Computer Tech, Tech Support, Archbishop of Phones, Whatzit
Guru.
`-------------'       1619 Forsyth St., Macon, GA  31210      (912)745-5858

Back to archive top level