tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 03 16:52:43 1996

Re: KLBC: I would like to translate my name

Hello Mr. Rottman!

I`m not sure whether your surce is 100% correct.
Your surname: Rottman might be an american form of Rottmann.
The second part -mann is translated right to man, but
the second part Rott might also mean something different.

Even if you translated these two parts correct; the whole
name can say something else.

For example: my surname Irrgang could be devided to:
Irr = mad  and  gang = walk . The result ...
The correct translation is: labyrinth, maze.

I guess the best tip I can give is: See your local library.
Even if you might find out that your translation was right.

Qapla`!

Lothar Irrgang

Back to archive top level