tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 08 12:51:08 1996

RE: KLBC - "So be it"

December 07, 1996 2:47 AM, jatlh qeyloS:

> I asked - How do you say "So be it".
>
> and gave the example of:
> A: If you do this you will die.
> B: I will do it / I choose to die.
> A: SO BE IT!
>
> Your answer was:
> > vaj yIHegh!
>
> Yes literaly you are correct. "Then you die." But I am looking for something
> more profound rather that a specific answer. Something that may mean
> something closer to "Let it be", "Let it be as you said", "So it is said,
> let it be done"

In Klingon, if you're not being specific, you're being wishy-washy.  And many
things are *very* difficult to say in Klingon without being specific.

There *is* no verb "to be" in Klingon.  Therefore, saying "Let it be" is kinda
pointless.  You might say {yIqaSmoH} "Make it happen," but that hardly strikes
me as profound.

I might translate your last sentence as {bIjatlhpu' vaj vIta'} "You have
spoken, so I will accomplish it."

What exactly do you consider profound?

--
SuStel