tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 08 13:15:12 1996

Re: "Sarek" translation

jatlh SuStel:
> This is exactly what it [wuv] means, and you have used it well.  Is there some other
> meaning that you know of?

I was just not sure if there was really a differance between "depend on" in the context
of "I'm depending on you" and "depend on" in a cause and effect situation.  I guess
not, but you can never be sure.  When one is talking about "I depend on you," they
don't mean lierally that their existrance depends on you, but saying "The destruction
of Earth depends on the strength of the alien fleet" does.  Guess there's really no
difference, but like I said before, better to sak than to stick my foot in my mouth.

-mIqIraH

Back to archive top level