tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 26 04:57:07 1996

Re: KLBC: Re: Nouns as Verbs

>>Date: Thu, 25 Apr 1996 08:05:21 -0700
>>From: [email protected]
>
>>HollanDaq bIghoS. *Ganja* qatlhIchqang.
>
>>I know {tlhIch} is a noun, but I couldn't find a verb that meant the same.
>
>Welllll, I'll let you off ONLY because you noted immediately that you were
>misusing it.  Try not to do that.  COnsider "tlhIch vItlhuH" or something?
>
>Also, I'm a liyttle puzzled by the grammar here.  Pretending the verb
>existed, I see "I'm willing to smoke ganja for you" or something (taking
>this as a contraction for "SoHvaD ganja *vItlhIchqang" in the way that
>ghunchu'wI' hates).  I don't quite understand...

I actually wanted to say  "I'm willing to smoke ganja with you", I realize
now that Ganja was the Object of the sentence, but would I add "with" as
{tay'}, meaning "be together". Would somthing like {HollanDaq bIghoSDI'.}
meaning "As soon as you come to Holland", {*Ganja* vay' ej' tlhIch wItlhuH.}
litteral translation "Ganja together and smoke we breath."
Or something like that.

Please comment.

Qapla'

Daniel (What do you think about {baHwI"av}?)

Back to archive top level