tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 26 04:56:58 1996

Re: KLBC: The Life of a Klingon

>> That sould be {Du'chajmey} "Their farms". If this was {Du'chajmey} instead
>> of {Du'Dajpu'} would it be gramaticaly correct?
>
>It would then mean, "Where on Kronos are there a few of their
>farms?" Is that what you intended?

Yes, I wanted to ask him where their farms where, specificly not food/yeast
supliment processing units, and so I asked for a few farms and not a farm,
which I would see as the above mentioned units.

>Okay. Correction: "Do you know farms which can speak?"

Thanks my translating is getting better though.

>In TKD it is made clear that we know little about Klingon
>eating habits, and for the weak stomached, this may be a good
>thing...

But it doesn't say anything about speculating

>>If I wanted to make {wIjta'}
>> into "farming" which suffix should I use?
>
>If you want, "Klingons who farm", you want to look into {-bogh}
>and relative clauses. Check them out in TKD.

Thus it would become { nuqDaq Qo'nosDaq tlhInganpu' wIjtabogh bolu'?}.

>charghwI'
>--
>reH lugh charghwI' net Sov.

choquvmoH jI!