tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 26 08:04:09 1996

Re: KLBC: The Life of a Klingon

According to Garrett Michael Hayes:

> On 25 Apr 96 at 8:03, [email protected] wrote:
>
> > Whenever I've seen Klingons they always eat meat only, even in the
> > scene on DS9 with Bashir and some woman, al they offered was meat.
>
> Though this is only peripheral evidence, consider the episode of TNG
> where Riker transferred to a Klingon ship.  One of the things Riker
> sampled before transferring was a beverage with something in it hat
> looked rather like a celery stalk.  Also, Worf drinks prune juice, so
> we know that fruit/vegetable foods are not anathema.

For myself, I enjoy the effectively carnivorous Cardassian
Prickly Pear. It is nutritious, tasty, and quite capable of
defending itself. As for qagh, well, I have no respect for food
which can't put up a decent fight!

[Just one more reason why the Federation knows so little about
Klingon cuisine...]

> Garrett Michael Hayes
> Client/Server Labs; 8601 Dunwoody Place, Suite 332,  Atlanta, GA 30350
> [email protected],  http://www.cslinc.com; 770-552-3646 x243 voice, 770-993-4667 fax
> (Opinions expressed are my own and may not be those of Client/Server Labs, LLC)

charghwI'
--
reH lugh charghwI' net Sov.

Back to archive top level