tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 26 08:14:46 1996

Re: KLBC: The Life of a Klingon

According to [email protected]:
> >>If I wanted to make {wIjta'}
> >> into "farming" which suffix should I use?
> >
> >If you want, "Klingons who farm", you want to look into {-bogh}
> >and relative clauses. Check them out in TKD.
>
> Thus it would become { nuqDaq Qo'nosDaq tlhInganpu' wIjtabogh bolu'?}.

Look again. Is {tlhInganpu'} the subject or object of {wIj}?
And you might want to look at that string of suffixes again. I
think you have a typo. If you meant {wIjtaHbogh}, what you
wrote means, "Where on Kronos do you find Klingons who are
being farmed." I might also suggest that {tu'lu'} is more
commonly used than {bolu'}. The proverbs do use second person
sometimes, as we do in English, to indicate an indefinite
subject, but "there are" is more commonly translated {tu'lu'}.

> Qapla'
>
> Daniel

charghwI'
--