tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 08 03:40:15 1996

Re: Greetings

At 00:36 6-04-96 -0800, you wrote:

>I would write this in Klingon, but alas I do not know any yet...

If you try and really want to learn the Language (watch the capital L
<grin>), you eventually will. It might not always be easy, but it will be
fu. If you want it to be...

>I will be
>ordering the books and other Klingon aids as soon as I can.  I just thought
>I would join the mailing list to get a fair idea of what the language is
>like.  I do not know any other languages...

Oh? As far as I can tell you must know English, right? ;-)

>but I am willing to learn this one because I find the language quite
interesting,
>as well as loving the way Klingons are shown in great detail in Star Trek.

It sure looks like you're willing and enthousiastic enough. Good luck!

>I hope to learn this
>language to fluency, and also hope to be able to read Hamlet in the Warriors
>toungue!

A wonderful goal, but I must advise you to start out simple at first.

>Qapla' (See... I am learning already!)

majQa'. tlhIngan Hol Daghojqangchugh bIqeqnISbej.
(Very good. If you want to learn the Klingon language you definately need to
practice.)

>Michael (Aka Virtual Adept aka Redhawk)

Are you planning to use some Klingon alias? If so, and you want it to get
into my list of Klingon names, please email it to me when you have picked one.

Qapla'
peSHIr

          Jarno Peschier, [email protected], 2:2802/245.1@Fido
      162:100/100.1@Agora, 74:3108/102.1@QuaZie, 27:2331/214.1@SigNet
     What was was, before was was was? Before was was was, was was is.

Back to archive top level