tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 08 03:40:18 1996

Re: charghwI' has a big mouth

At 05:14 6-04-96 -0800, you wrote:

>My, did I feel sheepish after posting my, "That's okay. I don't
>deserve a leather bound edition," message only to get home and
>find my leather bound edition in my mailbox. After having
>looked at it and reconsidered whether I deserve it or not, I
>can only remark that you guys can have it back when you drag it
>from my cold, dead, clutching fingers.

<wide-grin>

>But the LEATHER bound edition... Well...
>It's BEAUTIFUL. It SMELLS beautiful. It LOOKS beautiful.
[...]
>Imagine red leather (a dark red/brown overall with all those
>little crinkly lines in blood red, throughout) perfectly
>shaped, contrasting the white pages. This isn't just a book. It
>is the idealized form of what a book would theoretically be
>like if it were perfect.

Anyone with a special edition and a colour scanner around? If I can't afford
one, I'd certainly would like to *see* one. And I'm not coming to any qep'a'
for a _long_ time, I fear, because I can't afford going the US anyway.

>After
>I build my cabin (probably in time for qep'a' wejDIch), if I
>have any money left over (probably will, but not certain), I
>plan on ponying up another $500 to get ANOTHER one

If I had the amounts of money that giving away $500 would make hardly a
difference at all, I would get one too. I can hardly think of any other
organisation I'd rather would donate money to that KLI, I think. But
unfortunately...

Qapla'
peSHIr

          Jarno Peschier, [email protected], 2:2802/245.1@Fido
      162:100/100.1@Agora, 74:3108/102.1@QuaZie, 27:2331/214.1@SigNet
     What was was, before was was was? Before was was was, was was is.

Back to archive top level