tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 15 20:24:22 1995

Re: TLHINGAN-HOL digest 289

Jarno Peschier writes:
>...wej Dochvetlh vISovbe'; pongmeyvetlh vIleghbe'pu'...

{wej} means either "three" or "not yet".  The prefix {vI-} doesn't
help me to resolve the ambiguity; it applies to both singular and
plural objects.  Because you used {-be'} on the verb, I'm inclined
to translate it as "three".  I don't think that's what you intended,
though.  If you mean "I don't know that thing yet," then I think you
need to drop the {-be'} to say "I do not yet know that thing."