tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 15 19:10:59 1995

Re: TLHINGAN-HOL digest 289

On Wed, 15 Nov 1995, Jarno Peschier wrote:

> wej Dochvetlh vISovbe'; pongmeyvetlh vIleghbe'pu'...
>
> [Damn, replying in Klingon while you have to look almost every word up in
> TKD takes *ages*! Ehh... how am I doing, for a beginner...?]

You're doing fine.  When I was a beginner, it also took me hours to look
up every word to read the Klingon posts.  Eventually, I forced myself to
memorize the words so I wouldn't have to keep looking them up.  Once I
began to recognize the more common words, Klingon became a lot easier.  The
first time I read an entire Klingon sentence without opening my TKD, I was
very excited.

Just keep practicing!

>           Jarno Peschier, [email protected], 2:2802/245.1@Fido

yoDtargh