tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 08 23:07:15 1995

Re: Klingon Speaker

Hi,

This is my first post to this list, and I just got my copy of TKD today, so
I won't even attempt any Klingon.  I simply wanted to mention that a few
months ago I did a multimedia CD project that required voiceover recording
from several points in the US and Canada.  Location does not have to be a
limitation for a project such as this.  There are audio recording studios
all over the place, and many "amateur" setups as well who could provide
decent DAT copy for something such as this CD project.  Voice does not
require quite the same level of high fidelity as, for instance, classical
music, although of course the more quality you can get the better.  A good,
well-equipped audio editor/engineer can do wonders even with relatively poor
recordings.  An important point to remember if you are collecting sounds on
DAT for CD is to have it sampled at 41.1Hz instead of the more commonly used
(for audio) 48Hz.  If it has to be resampled from 48 to 41.1 to use on CD,
some quality will be lost.

How does one choose a name to call oneself in Klingon?

Kathy

Katherine Cochrane     [email protected]    205.650.0406  fax 205.650.0840
The CD-Info Company, 2225 Drake Avenue SW, Suite 17K, Huntsville, AL  35805

		    Latest update:   31 Oct 1995

Back to archive top level