tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 07 13:33:22 1995

Re: Klingon Speaker

>Date: Tue, 7 Nov 1995 10:59:39 -0800
>From: [email protected] (Kevin Phelan)

>Dr. Schoen,

>I read your post about the Klingon CD-Rom project. I could not help
>but notice the logistical dilemma you have. There are no doubt many
>excellent Thlingan Hol linguists that are not able to record voices
>in person at the NY agency. I think this situation could easily be
>resolved by recording the Klingons on their own home world. The agency
>would of course have to be assured of recording quality so I'd expect
>them to send out guidelines on recording the voices with the proper
>level and compression (dynamic- not digital), clearly slated, record-
>ed on DAT, and so on. Several takes of each word or phrase would be
>helpful.

>If this looks like a possibility, I'd help in any way I could. I do

Um... last I heard, warp technology still needed some work, and without it
it would take quite a few lifetimes to reach the Klingon homeworld with
today's technology.  And that's assuming you have the co-ordinates (do
you?)  I suppose we'd need to clear spaceflights with the FAA or
something.  And do you know anyone with a spacecraft they can lend?  The
KLI's runabout is in the shop.

I think going to the homeworld is going to be less than easy.

~mark

Back to archive top level