tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 07 13:33:21 1995

Re: Languages

>Date: Tue, 7 Nov 1995 11:05:53 -0800
>From: Jarno Peschier <[email protected]>

>At 20:11 5-11-95 -0800, you wrote:

>>>Thanks for the reply. Languages are very interesting, are they not?
>>
>>     I find them fascinating and have done so since I was introduced to
>>their existence at the age of seven.  I would be willing to bet that most
>>serious tlhIngan learners have studied other languages before this, perhaps
>>several.  How many, for example studied Esperanto at some time before
>>tlhIngan?  I know from his notes that David Barron has and I first did some
>>decades back.

I also studied Esperanto before Klingon.  And about half-a-dozen other
constructed languages here and there... I am not a student of obscure and
constructed languages.  I am *the* student of obscure and constructed
languages. :)  I suppose what counts as "obscure" is a matter of opinion,
of course.

~mark

Back to archive top level