tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 07 10:55:25 1995

Klingon Speaker

Dr. Schoen,

I read your post about the Klingon CD-Rom project. I could not help
but notice the logistical dilemma you have. There are no doubt many
excellent Thlingan Hol linguists that are not able to record voices
in person at the NY agency. I think this situation could easily be
resolved by recording the Klingons on their own home world. The agency
would of course have to be assured of recording quality so I'd expect
them to send out guidelines on recording the voices with the proper
level and compression (dynamic- not digital), clearly slated, record-
ed on DAT, and so on. Several takes of each word or phrase would be
helpful.

If this looks like a possibility, I'd help in any way I could. I do
this type of thing as a part of my job. I write music and produce
audio for multimedia as a member of Team Fat. Perhaps you've heard of
The Fat Man. We've done over 100 games including The 7th Guest, Master
of Orion, Master of Magic, The XIth Hour, US Navy Fighters, Wing Comm-
ander, and on and on. I have quite a recreational interest in Klingons
and the language. Let me know if there's any way I can assist, even if
its only consultation. I'd sure like to see a quality project like
this really shine.

That's all the honking I'm going to do for now.

Sincerely,

K. Weston Phelan
Team Fat Composer
Austin, TX