tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 30 14:14:04 1995

Re: What's wrong with "which"?

>Date: Sun, 28 May 1995 08:49:27 -0400
>Originator: [email protected]
>From: Francesco Pieri <[email protected]>

>If a noun-noun construction could be used with nuq and 'Iv,
>that would enable us to translate "whose":

>'Iv HIch Daghaj? (whose handgun have you got?)

I like this.  It is more supportable than "nuH nuq" for "which weapon",
actually.

>Unfortunately, I don't know if this can be considered canon.
>Are there any such constructions in any canon source?

I don't think there's any canon for 'Iv or nuq in N-N, unfortunately, but
it makes a lot of sense.  You could also talk about "nuq DungDaq" for
"above what?" etc.

~mark

Back to archive top level