tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 28 05:43:45 1995

Re: What's wrong with "which"?

ghItlh peHruS
>I feel:
>
>nuq nuH vIlo'nIS
>
>for the noun-noun construction employing <nuq>.
>
>At the same time, I thoroughly agree with:
>
>qama'pu' 'Iv wIHoH

ghojwI' chu' neH jIH, 'ach yoDtargh vuD vImaS:
nuH nuq vIlo'nIS?

If a noun-noun construction could be used with nuq and 'Iv,
that would enable us to translate "whose":

'Iv HIch Daghaj? (whose handgun have you got?)

Unfortunately, I don't know if this can be considered canon.
Are there any such constructions in any canon source?

>peHruS

fp:
Francesco Pieri ([email protected])                    Pisa -- Italy
(jIHvaD tlhIngan Hol pong vInejlI')