tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 26 08:44:55 1995

Re: Milk

On Thu, 25 May 1995 16:12:37 -0400, [email protected] said:
>      Well, let me try a new compound noun.

>      ghuHiq = milk

Hm.  Suppose you're talking to a foreigner whose English leaves much
to be desired, and he says `baby ale'.  Will you understand this as an
attempt to say `milk'?  Will you accept it as a valid way to say `milk'?
Will you just chuckle, or will you roll on the floor laughing?  :-)

I can't imagine that there is no simple (not compound) noun meaning
`milk' in Klingon, and, until we can hear it from Maltz, maybe it is
safer to avoid talking about milk, or use the Federation Standard word.

--'Iwvan

Back to archive top level