tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 25 11:52:22 1995

Re: Milk

     On Wed 24, May William H. Martin wrote:

     snip
     >>ghutlhutlh = milk

     >{tlhutlh} is a verb, not a noun.  We can't make compound verbs
     >using verbs.  Ido like the thought, though.  It is
     >straightforward.  I could imagine Okrand accepting it, but that
     >exists only in my imagination and until he really does it, this
     >is not a word.

     Boy English can be a pain, all these words that are verbs and nouns
     with the same spelling. :-) Drink, feed, master, they'll drive me
     crazy.  Well, let me try a new compound noun.

     ghuHiq = milk

     After all it does make ghupu' burp.

     DaH HIvje''a' yuchghuHiq vIparHa'.

     >charghwI'