tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 26 08:23:30 1995

Re: KLCB: Definitions

On Fri, 26 May 1995, yoDtargh wrote:
> In Marc Okrand's interview, in HolQeD 3.3, he indicates that using
> {-ghach} on a bare verb stem is very unusual and would look strange to a
> Klingon.

On Power Klingon, these virtues are listed in English.  In English,
virtues are adjectives, qualities we possess.  Klingon is much more
verb-centric.  A look through the TKD will reveal that many English
adjectives are represented in Klingon by verbs (referred to here as
"stative verbs"), such as {qar} - "to be accurate", {vaQ} - "to be
aggressive", {HoS} - "to be strong", and {yuDHa'} - "to be honest".

janSIy

Back to archive top level