tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 20 09:21:44 1995

re: tlhIngan Hol in EGM!!

 > Um, gang.  Am I crazy?
 >
 > I was just scanning through my new issue of "Electronic Games Monthly",
 > and, in their section for cheat codes, the following just "leaped out"
 > at me:
 >
 >     "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" for the Super NES:

                                 My translation attempts

                                       \|/

 >         Mission 01: NUHHOM      <- small arms
 >         Mission 02: SEPLOS      <- breed/region, four/wait
 >         Mission 03: YOSMIS      <- area,confusion
 >         Mission 04: VANDAQ      <- salute location
 >         Mission 05: BIQPUM      <- water fall
 >         Mission 06: DISYIB      <- cave/confess/year, vent
 >         Mission 07: MUDJIB      <- atmosphere, hair
 >         Mission 08: VESDUJ      <- warship
 >         Mission 09: YOTHOM      <- small invasion
 >         Mission 10: QUVMOH      <- honor
 >
> I wonder if there is a game designer at "Playmates Interactive Entertainment"
> who is on this list????  Or, somebody who just looked at TKD andthought it
> would be a good inside joke.  Some of them almost seem like they might
> apply to the game.  Unfortunately, I know nothing about the game itself.

You are DEFINILY on to something. these are either complete words or two

separate three letter words.

If there is someone into these games please get it and check out what these
cheat codes do then post it to the list.

If there is someone who might know how to contact the game designer
DO IT and let them know we are on to thier cunning tricks.

NOTE TO LAWRENCE SCHOEN:
This is a GREAT publicity oppertunity for the KLI and Klingon language
community. Send out a News Release saying that we have EXPOSED them
as Klingons in human disquise! (Ok, just send out a news release saying
that Klingon is everywhere and WE have found it where it was intended
to be a "code"). If you dont do it someone else (G.P.) might.

> qu'  Joe Steger ([email protected])
david

 David Barron                    ||           lup Hoch yIyInqu'
 Klingon Language Postal Course  ||           qaStaHvIS wa' lup
 P.O. Box 37, Eagle ID 83616     ||        yInpu' wa'netlh yInmey
 It's FREE! Send Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope. Not available by E-mail!
 E-mail   [email protected]            Finger me for more details.

---
 * OFFLINE 1.58 * "...what foul dust floated in the wake of his dreams..."

Back to archive top level