tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 20 09:00:43 1995

What's Klingon for "Bork bork bork?"

ghItlhpu'  ghunchu'wI':

= >Disgusting Thought for the Day: Klingon ...enchefferized!

= nuqjatlh?

The "enchefferizer" is a program which takes a text file and changes strings of
characters in it. It's a bit more complicated than your average find and
replace. It's one of a whole class of language changers. This one in particular
will convert text into the sort of mock-language used by the Swedish Chef on The
Muppet Show. Here's a sample, borrowed -- okay, stolen shamelessly -- from the
phrases section of TKD...

I dunĠt understund                      jIyejbe-aĠ
I dunĠt cere-a                          jIseHbe-aĠ
Nu prublem!                             qeyĠbe-aĠ
Du yuoo speek Kleengun?                 tlhIngun Hul DejetlhĠaĠ
I cunnut speek Kleengun.                tlhIngun Hul feejetlhleHbe-aĠ
Vhere-a is a guud restoorunt?           nooqDeq ÔooH Qe-aĠ QeQĠiĠ
Vhere-a is zee bethruum?                nooqDeq Ôooh poochpaĠĠiĠ
Hoo mooch fooel du ve-a hefe-a lefft?   nIn Ôer vJghej

Oh, and I just realized, too: I have the "enfudderizer" too!

I donĠt undewstand                        jIyajbeĠ
I donĠt cawe                              jIsaHbeĠ
No pwobwem!                               qayĠbeĠ
Do you speak Kwingon?                     twhIngan How DajatwhĠaĠ
I cannot speak Kwingon, uh-hah-hah-hah.   twhIngan How vijatwhwaHbeĠ
Whewe is a good westauwant?               nuqDaq ÔoH QeĠ QaQĠeĠ
Whewe is de badwoom?                      nuqDaq Ôoh puchpaĠĠeĠ
How much fuew do we have weft?            nIn Ôaw wIghaj

DaH bitlhobpu' 'e' Dapay 'e' vItul.{>:-)

If I had a swordfish, I'd share it with you./ David Wood has opinions,
But this is a halibut and IT'S ALL MINE!   / but very few people care.
And ask me about THE ONE-ARMED PAPER HANGERS and PORT ROYAL! May31-Jn2

If I had a swordfish, I'd share it with you./ David Wood has opinions,
But this is a halibut and IT'S ALL MINE!   / but very few people care.
And ask me about THE ONE-ARMED PAPER HANGERS and PORT ROYAL! May31-Jn2

Back to archive top level