tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 19 23:41:23 1995

Discussion topics

Hi, peHruS here

I took a lot of flak this week on my ideas posted on this listserv.  But, I
am happy.  I instigated the type of discussion which has taught me a lot.

Now, I must go back into a story I have been writing and change {ghov} to
{Sov} when I am saying "know a person."  And, I must start using {yIn} for
"live [someplace]."  I must be certain when and where to use the topicalizer
{-'e'}.

Perhaps the most misunderstood posting of mine all week was:

paqvo' wa' nav vIteq = I take a page from the book
paqmo' qun vIghoj = I learn history from the book

I would like more comments, yet, please.  In TKD we find {SuSmo' joq} =
flutters due to the wind.  ghunchu'wI' wondered if the book hit me, then I
comprehended history.  Perhaps, my brilliant idea of using the suffix {-mo'}
for "from" won't work after all.

peHruS

Back to archive top level