tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 20 04:41:43 1995

Life & love poetry...

>Doq writes:
>>But there are other verbs which qualify the living. How would I say in
>>Klingon "I reside in Bracha, but I live in cyberspace"?

ghunchu'wI' offered the alternatives:
>{"Bracha" ngan jIH 'ach reH De'qo' jIjeStaH} (thanks, ~mark), or
>{"Bracha"Daq 'oH juHwIj 'ach De'qo'Daq 'oH yInwIj} (my choice).

I also prefer the latter. somehow "jeS" doesn't decsribe the level of the
experience (just ask my loDnal about me and the net), and the second
sentence better captures the rhythm of the original. Thanks.

About Klingon love poetry:

Wasn't "Up the Long Ladder" the ep where Worf had Kkligon measlees or
something, and as a reward for Pulaski's silence, Worf shared the tea
ceremony (after Pulaski took the antidote, of course) and the show ends with
her begging him to read her some Klingon love poetry?

Doq

Back to archive top level