tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 11 06:02:06 1995

Re: qeylIS betleH

[Quoting Adam Walker]

> > Ah, that is easily explained!  Go waaaaay back to when we first met Gowron.
> > He is a provincial ship commander, not a product of the Homeworld like Duras!
> > His accent is that of whatever dialect they speek in his backwater of the
> > Empire.  <g>
>
> Be careful!  That babbling is now the "official" babling ... er
> dialect of the Empire.  If you don't lear to babble ... er speak like
> the Emperor you may never make lieutenant.  {{:-)

<BEEP!> Wrong answer... ;-)

Gowron never was Emperor (as far as I know). He is "just" leader of
the High Council. As of Rightful Heir there is a new emperor: Kahless
(or at least a clone of his, made by the monks of Borath).

So if any dialect is now the official one, it's the one spoken by
(that) Kahless!

Qapla'
peSHIr

--