tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 08 23:19:28 1995

Re: qeylIS betleH

On Fri, 8 Dec 1995, Adam Walker wrote:

> Be careful!  That babbling is now the "official" babling ... er
> dialect of the Empire.  If you don't lear to babble ... er speak like
> the Emperor you may never make lieutenant.  {{:-)

Only one problem with this: Gowron isn't the emperor, qeylIS is. Then
again, qeylIS also has a hideous tendency to babble, as his recounting is
the origin of the "bat leth" indicates. As to why the supposed "bat leth
of Kayless" changed between Rightful Heir and The Sword of Kahless, I'd
say the answer is pretty simple: he wasn't indicating his own, which was
lost to the ages about 1000 years ago, but rather a modern day one. IMHO,
his "this sword" didn'y mean his own personal sword, but was instead
meant to be the origin of that whole style of sword. L8r.

"I would be honoured if you would be my chaw deetch." - Worf attempting
to speak "Klingon" to Picard, "Sins of the Father".

Back to archive top level