tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 01 05:53:15 1995

Re: -ghach

On Thu, 30 Nov 1995, Christian Matzke wrote:

> As I see it, overuse of -ghach has marked this suffix as a cheap trick.
> This is too bad, because when I saw {matlhtaHghachwIj} (from DS9 issue 30)
> for instance, my first thought was that this was a lame attempt to
> make up for our lack of a noun meaning loyalty, not that perhaps it
> was the continuous nature of his layalty that the Klingon in question
> was refering to.

Here's an idea. As seen in the Klingon Dictionary, we have Qap --> to
succeed, Qapla' --> success. So, how about matlh --> to be loyal,
matlhla' --> loyalty? Any takers? L8r.

"Oh, and Mista Wofe... kuhplaw!" - Picard speaking "Klingon", Sins of the
Father.

Back to archive top level