tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 14 11:36:44 1995

Re: hello.

qaSDI' Hovjaj 95945.6 ghItlh ghunchu'wI'

>~mark writes:
>>Regarding two students' papers: Alice while John had had had had had had
>>had had had had had a better effect on the teacher.
>
>I remember this with "where" instead of "while".

Alice, where John had had "had," had had "had had."  "Had had" had had a
better effect on the teacher.

I admit that this one was a little unfair, since I had seen it before.
 However, it was about ten years ago, and I had to spend a few minutes
working it out.  mu'tlheghpu'vam vIparHa'bejqu'!  vIjang 'e' vItIv

>ghItlhDaq ghItlh ghItlhtaHvIs John ghItlhDaq ghItlh ghItlh ghItlh Alice
>ghItlh ghItlh vImaS ghItlh ghojmoHwI'

majQa'!  bIjatlhDI' bIpo'qu'neS!

ghItlhDaq <ghItlh> ghItlhtaHvIS *John*, ghItlhDaq <ghItlh ghItlh> ghItlh
Alice.  <<ghItlh ghItlh> vImaS> ghItlh ghojmoHwI'.

While John writes {ghItlh} in the manuscript, Alice writes {ghItlh ghItlh} in
the manuscript.  "I prefer {ghItlh ghItlh}" writes the teacher.

You could even leave out the -{taHvIS} in the puzzle, and it'll still work.
 The translation would be: John writes {ghItlh} in the manuscript.  Alice
writes {ghItlh ghItlh} in the manuscript.  "I prefer {ghItlh ghItlh}" writes
the teacher.

latlh <mu'Quj> Sov'a' vay'

SuStel
Hovjaj 95950.9